What are the standards for experiences?
Experiences are one-of-a-kind activities that tell the story of the host’s unique perspective and passion, offering guests something that guidebooks or internet searches can’t. To help ensure all experiences meet the community’s expectations, they must meet the following standards in order to be on Tripofthings.
Experience quality standards
All experiences on Tripofthings must meet our quality standards:
- Hospitality: Hosts are friendly and welcoming to strangers or guests, and are able to facilitate connections between them.
- Expertise: Hosts have skill or knowledge pertaining to the particular field relating to the experience.
- Insider access: Hosts demonstrate their exclusive ability to do things the average tourist wouldn’t likely discover on their own such as: going to a lesser-known place, meeting a private community, ordering off-menu, going after hours, seeing backstage, etc.
Other requirements for experiences
In addition to our quality standards, all experiences and experience hosts must comply with the terms and conditions set forth in our Terms of Service and Additional Terms for Experience Hosts. Here’s a summary of a few of these additional requirements:
- Accuracy: Hosts must provide complete and accurate information about their experience, including the itinerary, time and date, meeting location, what they’ll provide to guests, etc.
- Commitment to reservations: Hosts must honor all booked reservations, even if that reservation is for one person.
If you are interested in hosting an experience, submit your idea here, and it will be reviewed to make sure it meets the experience standards. If your experience doesn’t meet the above standards, it won’t be published on Tripofthings.